Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Spore Buddhist Lodge

The Spore Buddhist Lodge (新加坡佛教居士林) established since 1934 is currently located at Kim Yam Road, along River Valley Road.

( Statue of Amitabha Buddha)

(Statue of Amitabha Buddha at side of Dining Hall) 

(Statue of Shakyamuni Buddha in resting position)

(Main Shrine) (Qian Shou Guan Yin at 4th Floor)

Singapore Buddhist Lodge is accessible by buses along River Valley Road before/after AA centre: 32, 33, 54, 139, 195

Its Official website is http://www.sbl.org.sg/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post make me want to go to have a look. Here to pick up the address and info. Thanks -- crystal

Sunny said...

Thanks, hope you have a good time there :-)

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Finally, I went :) Thanks for the direction. I didn't see the standing Buddha! It should be very big and yet I didn't see it.

The free vegetarian meal there is excellent. Read a lot from the newspaper. When I see it myself, I can feel that lots of kindness and compassion in it. There is even a big pot of pickled green chilli in soy sauce (for those who loves chilli)for the fried bee hoon. I think they really want other to enjoy a delectable vegetarian meal.
Very impressive.

Sunny said...

The standing Buddha is on the right side of main temple. Now that you know how to go there, can always visit it in the day to explore again. There is also a library and clinic in the building.

They also serve nice vegetarian curry. :-)

Cheers:-)

Anonymous said...

"南无阿弥陀佛 "